Vancouver - Los Angeles - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Dubai - Doha - New York

Join me as I travel around the world in 9 days
on four of the world's five-star airlines

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

t-48 hours

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~ Mark Twain


Well, the adventure begins in 48 hours.

Got a message from Malaysia Airlines today. They were kindly holding out for a business class seat for me, but turns out it's sold out for Saturday's flight. They did offer me a seat in business the day before or day after, but since the story I'm writing is about the economy class service of the 5-star airlines, I had to forgo the business class seat in exchange for one in the back of the plane. Oh, the sacrifices I make.

Someone asked me the other day what the weather will be like on this journey. In a word...hot, hotter, and really hot.

Carrie and I reminisced a little about a previous trip we both made to Singapore and Dubai. The picture above is of the Jumeirah Mosque in Dubai.

I've got a bag to pack, but in a few days I'lll see you out in the world somewhere!

No comments: