Vancouver - Los Angeles - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Dubai - Doha - New York

Join me as I travel around the world in 9 days
on four of the world's five-star airlines

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where are the shower instructions?

Malaysia is known for many things, but if you are looking for delicious food, limitless shopping, and warm hospitality, then you’ll want to find yourself in the mid valley area of Kuala Lumpur. It is here that you will find the Boulevard Hotel, a 4-star property that is connected to the Mid Valley Mega Mall, which I was told is the largest in Malaysia. In fact, there are three hotels connected to the mall, each catering to different tastes and budgets. The newest hotel is The Gardens, a 5-star hotel that sits atop The Gardens shopping centre, which offers an upscale experience. In fact, it’s the first mall I have been to that has a door man out front.

These hotels are conveniently located next to the Mid Valley Kommuter rail station, one stop from Kuala Lumpur’s Central Station, where travelers will find the KLIA Airport Express train. Depending on the time of day, an inexpensive taxi ride will bring you to city’s main sites in about 10 or 15 minutes.

The Boulevard Hotel has a welcoming lobby that opens up with a soaring ceiling. The restaurant, complete with outside eating terrace, and swimming pool area are equally inviting. Have you ever been to a hotel where you need an instruction manual to operate the shower? The Boulevard was kind of like that. I could turn the water on easy enough. I even figured out that the hot and cold were revered from what I am use to. But in the two days that I was there I could never figure out how the shower drain worked. A marble lip, less than an inch high surrounded the shower floor, and I soon found the water cresting over the lip, and covering most of the bathroom floor. Not a big problem, because there is another drain by the door, but it makes for a rather wet floor. Another time I had a shower it worked perfectly, but yet another I noticed the water level rising again. For more reasons than one, I was glad they didn’t have one of those Just for Laughs hidden cameras in the shower, as I was trying to figure out how it worked.

No comments: